O365 & SharePoint Solution Engineer Geneva Professional
The consultant will be responsible for performing tasks related to SharePoint Online, SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive for Business.
About the position
Office 365/SharePoint Solution engineering
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to the design, configuration and development of O365 products and SharePoint and associated .NET / SQL components.
• Prepare design and governance specifications as well as product policy documentation, as required
• Lead Microsoft solutions technical analysis and design including conceptual and functional prototypes, data analysis, and architectural and functional testing.
• Develop product functional and technical requirements and design documents and specifications based on business requirements.
• Lead solution development, and implementation efforts, providing technical design, system and architectural prototyping, and component development.
• Create web-oriented applications, developing coding, frameworks, components and interfaces supported by the MS O365 environment.
• Shape the strategy, architecture, methodology and standards for delivering O365 and SharePoint solutions.
• Provide technical governance and security review over the solutions, in scope
• Provide documentation on all architecture decisions and best practice approaches to architecture design implementation
• Be a senior technical resource and guide the project team as well as end users on important technological decisions, in relation to SharePoint and O365
• Propose new solutions to the Architecture Review Board as required
• Work with the solution engineering community to mature the client’s methodology, processes and documentation
• Quality assurance of SharePoint, O365 products, integration, .Net and SQL solutions
• Peer review of managed service provider development, coding or scripting
• Provide continuous technical support to the IT Owner, Business Analyst, Project Management, Managed Service Providers and with other stakeholders to ensure key technical solutions are delivered.
• Work with the project team and MSP to ensure technical issues are identified early. Understand and flag dependencies, to ensure technical dependencies are understood, communicated and managed.
• Work with the technical division’s platform and security teams to ensure security and data protection policies are appropriately implemented in the tools.
• Act as the primary technical interface between the Project Team and managed service providers. Present oral and written reports defining designs, solution features, monitor usage trends, rapidly escalate risks and issues. Escalate system and process improvement requirements to other appropriate levels of management to ensure appropriate mitigation.
• Prepare the evaluation and sign-off for the technical milestones and deliverables agreed in the project plan.
• Produce appropriate and comprehensive solution engineering documentation and reporting, in accordance with the client’s methodology.
• Work with the Business Analyst and Project Manager, to review of technical deliverables with the client’s resources to ensure that the requirements of the broader stakeholders have been accurately captured, tested and delivered.
Unified Messaging Administration
• Assist on designing on premise, SharePoint and SharePoint Hybrid solutions
• Assist on designing O365 and Hybrid solutions
• Manage standard administration activities for SharePoint Online, SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive for business
• Develop PowerShell scripts for managing and automating the services
• Remediate issues after Microsoft upgrades to SharePoint Online are performed
• Perform improvements against the on premise and online setup
• Maintain infrastructure diagrams up-to-date
• Apply monthly updates as required and automate where feasible
• Development and implementation of legacy retirement plans for legacy systems and add-ins interfacing with SharePoint Online
• Deployment of SharePoint Cumulative Updates and Services Packs
• Monitoring – configuration; follow-up on alerts
• Implement security as per customer standards and guidelines; coordinate with security teams as needed
• Management of access for users to SharePoint services
• Backup – configuration; monitoring; new requests; restore
• Incident analysis and troubleshooting including troubleshooting with vendors
• Decommission environments
• Document monitoring and maintenance procedures
• Maintain system documentation and change logs
• Create Standard Operational Procedures
• Participate in user service request fulfilment, incident management, change management and problem management
• Assist the Head of the Unit and Unified Collaboration Services Lead on expert matters
• Advanced University Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field
• Certifications within the Microsoft Certification Program
• Microsoft Certification(s) in O365 SharePoint 2013/2016 and/or Azure
• Fluent in English and French
• Proven experience in managing large-scale IT development and implementation Microsoft O365 and SharePoint projects in complex environments
• 8 years of relevant professional experience, in technical design and support of global, distributed, corporate information systems
• Minimum 4 years working experience as SharePoint Online/ SharePoint/ OneDrive for Business Administrator
• Minimum 4 years supporting IIS, SharePoint, SQL
• Minimum 5 years of experience in solution design, development and architecture methodologies e.g. TOGAF
• Experience with Wide Area Networks and high-latency, low bandwidth links
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Strong background and experience with solution development and engineering in global organizations
• Experience designing business, application and information architectures as well as aligning business use cases to solution and product features
• Excellent organizational skills, reporting and documenting solutions
• Strong organizational credibility to report to a Project Governance Board and senior stakeholders
• Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Sound knowledge of administering SharePoint environments in O365, on premise and hybrid
• Sound knowledge of administering SQL Server
• Sound knowledge in Cloud Technology especially in O365 and Azure
• Skills in general infrastructure, including system configurations, clustering, performance, and the use of security certificates
• Excellent knowledge of PowerShell scripting
• Solid knowledge and experience on Microsoft Technology landscape including various server products.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks around changing priorities
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent technical documentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Professional attitude
• Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- Chez ERNI, tu travailleras avec plus de 800 spécialistes hautement qualifiés : ce seront tes collègues, tes partenaires et tes soutiens présents en Suisse, Allemagne, Espagne, Slovaquie, Roumanie ainsi qu’aux Philippines et à Singapour.
- Ensemble, nous planifierons méthodiquement ta carrière. Nous proposons des parcours professionnels clairs, qui permettront de développer ton potentiel.
- Tu participeras à des évènements / Talk qui nous feront grandir ensemble.
- Tu travailleras dans un environnement où règnent confiance, passion et sentiment de responsabilité, au sein d’une entreprise prospère et en pleine expansion.
About the recruiter
Gherbi Anais (ERNI)
Email: [email protected]
ERNI was founded in 1994 in Switzerland to develop innovative software for international companies and small to mediumsized enterprises. Today, the ERNI Group has more than 800 employees at 15 locations in 7 countries and continues to grow. Interested?