BI Data SpecialistGeneva Professional
BI and Data management role is to effectively design, capture, integrate, organize, centralize and maintain data on On-premises, Hybrid and Cloud data platforms. Under the supervision of the Head of the Data & Analytics section, the incumbent will oversee the technical design and implement the technical Data management solution. This position is mainly designed for a people with a strong experience based on Microsoft Data and BI stack components (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks and any other Azure Data services. AWS experience is a plus. Data visualizations experience is a plus (Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, SSRS).
About the position
Daily activities include:
- Assisting the lead data architect in revising enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Implementation of the data management solution including the platform architecture design, the ETL/ELT data processes, the databases/data warehouse/data lake solution, the data model and different data Marts and eventually additional Analysis services.
- Creating data models that conform with existing standards and business requirements.
- Revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards
- Partnering with Security specialists to ensure compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Work with the team (technical Lead/Architect/other members) and customer focal point to understand the business need and design/implement the technical data management solution.
- Design and implement Data Warehouses and Data Lakes solutions, mainly using Microsoft technologies, based on the customers’ business requirements.
- Design and implement complex ELT and ETL processes using Integration Services (SSIS) or Azure Data Factory
- Design and develop Analysis Services OLAP Cubes and Tabular Views
- Develop scripts accordingly to the data need (stored Procedures with T-SQL, Python or R, eventually PowerShell or .NET).
- Design conceptual and logical data models and data flowcharts
- Design Data-as-a-Service solution, on-premises and Cloud based, based on Data API Gateway and other Cloud services.
- Implement Data Catalog solutions
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new data platform solutions
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- University degree (Masters or equivalent) in computer science, engineering or other relevant fields.
- Any Data certification as Microsoft Data Certifications, Microsoft Data Management and Analytics, Microsoft Azure Big Data Analytics Solution, will be a plus.
- Prince2 Agile, ITIL, SCRUM, … are a plus
Experience & Skills:
- 7+ years of professional experience in Business Intelligence, Data Management, Information Systems with on-prem and cloud technologies required.
- Expert knowledge on Data modelling (OLTP and OLAP models), Data Integration (ELT/ETL), Data Lake/Data Warehouse/Data Marts implementation and Data Analysis models (Analysis Services).
- Microsoft Data Management technologies, platforms and applications experience is mandatory.
- Experience with Cloud Data & BI environment (MS Azure mandatory, AWS a plus).
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Experience working as a member of distributed data architecture teams (on premise or cloud)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures is a plus.
- Strong experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server. Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Tableau) is a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory
Interesting projects based on the newest technologies
Opportunity for self-improvement and career growth
Internal & external software development education and trainings (certifications) covered by ERNI
Flexible working time & overtime compensation
5 weeks of vacation, 3 sick days, home office
Language courses (en, de) fully covered by ERNI
Sport & culture personal budget (including medical care, yoga in the office)
Referral & relocation bonus
Fully covered meal vouchers
Newly renovated rooftop of the building for free time activities
Team buildings (grill parties, Christmas dinner, Hack&Hike session, EPD – two day education & leisure event, sport events, company breakfast etc.)
Well-established community: Developers Community Sessions, Brownback Sessions, Cinema , Gaming Club
About the recruiter
Gherbi Anais (ERNI)
Email: [email protected]
ERNI was founded in 1994 in Switzerland to develop innovative software for international companies and small to mediumsized enterprises. Today, the ERNI Group has more than 800 employees at 15 locations in 7 countries and continues to grow. Interested?