Data Platform EngineerBarcelona Senior
Are you ready to join a challenging project in Data with an international team?
If so, this is your lucky opportunity. You will have a huge challenge joining a project that specialises in developing solutions and implementing requirements around platforms and data related projects.
You will be developing digital products for the company, with opportunities to build, test and maintain application components, including security, data model and logic, following software engineering best practices and teaming up with architects, data engineers, data scientists, scrum masters and frontend engineers.
You will find domain technical experts that collaborate in creating challenging solutions allowing you to develop yourself and work in the top of your technical expertise.
About the position
- You will build, test and maintain application components, including security, data model and logic following software engineering best practices.
- You will be developing digital products for the company.
- You will contribute implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting other team members.
- You will contribute to technical and architectural decision-making.
- You will teaming up with architects, data engineers, data scientists, scrum masters, frontend engineers.
- You will work in an agile environment to provide scalable API first solutions.
- You have hands on experience with AWS (API Gateway, S3, IAM, Lambda, DynamoDB, Lake Formation).
- You have solid knowledge on Big Data, Analytics and/or DevOps.
- You have proficiency with Python. Experience with framework such as Flask, Django or FastAPI.
- You have good command and experience with Docker.
- You have knowledge and experience with Infrastructure as a Code.
- You have good knowledge of SQL.
- You have good command of engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, Cloud Native Applications, APIs, API Gateways, and security, microservices architecture, Serverless.
- You have good understanding of the agile software development process.
- You have excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, good communication and collaboration skills
- You have professional experience with GraphQL
- You have proficiency in English
- Paid and rewarded certifications: you will be able to learn new technologies to develop as a professional in the areas that interest you most (such as: Agile, DevOps, Cloud, QA, etc.) and be rewarded from 200€ to 1.400€ per certification, in addition to the paid exam.
- High Value Training: after a year at ERNI, you will have the opportunity to enroll on +500€ Executive courses, Masters or Postgraduates. 80% of the total amount will be covered by the company.
- Hybrid working model: at ERNI we believe in the importance of building strong relationships with our colleagues. You can expect 5 to 6 days per month dedicated to team building and different events at the office.
- Home Office: you will receive an extra monthly compensation to cover your teleworking expenses, as well as any necessary equipment to be comfortable doing your job.
- Far Home Office: you can extend your holidays and work remotely from any European country or Spanish city up to 5 weeks per year.
- Flexible working shift*: you will enjoy a Friday intensive shift and a self-managed flexible working hours.
- Permanent contract: there is always a project for you to keep working with us, you will always find a project that fits your expectations in our people allocation meetings.
- Challenging projects: ERNI is dedicated to be developing high-quality software in complex technical environments such as pharmaceutics, biotechnology, robotics and 4.0 industry. With us, you will have the chance to participate in a variety of technical challenging projects amongst passionate and skilled colleagues.
- Proximity and support: from the first day at ERNI, you will be guided by a Mentor and a People Development team that will make sure you have the right tools to develop and give you opportunities to grow in a project or to switch to a new one.
- Communication: you will find transparency, honesty, and open communication all over the organization through a breakfast with our MD and a monthly session to be updated on what’s going on at ERNI.
- Promotions & Recognition: from the very first day, we offer you a way to learn and develop yourself in our company. All efforts are always recognized and appreciated by your colleagues and superiors which makes feel satisfied with your own achievements.
- Free languages courses: learn German and Spanish or improve your English skills with our external teachers in small groups once per week.
- Private medical insurance: we will offer you a private medical insurance for you and a 100% salary coverage on sickness leave.
- Flexible compensation: you will be able to dedicate part of your gross salary to different options such as transportation bonus, ticket restaurant, kindergarten bonus and to also to be able to add a family member into your own insurance plan.
- Gym Funding: ERNI bets on a healthy lifestyle, for that reason, we offer you special discounts on fitness facilities.
- Re-allocation funding: if you are coming from abroad, we will help to become a part of our company with a relocation package bonus from 1.000€ to 2.000€.
- Referral program: you will receive an extra bonus with our “Candidate’s referral program” from 1.000€ to 3.000€ depending on the candidate seniority level; and an extra bonus, also with our “Business opportunity referral program” from 500€ to 5.000€ depending on the opportunity size and customer.
- Life support: to strengthen our commitment to conciliation and willingness of being close in your day-to-day life and important moments. We provide you a set of services and benefits, free of charge for, to assist you and your family in legal consultation, personal assistance, etc.
- Events: we do believe in the importance of meeting our colleagues in an informal and natural environment to build connections and foster trust so that we feel like home. Leisure events, Christmas dinner and summer party are waiting for you!
ERNI was founded in 1994 in Switzerland to develop innovative software for international companies and small to mediumsized enterprises. Today, the ERNI Group has more than 800 employees at 19 offices in 8 countries and continues to grow. Interested?