Release ManagerGeneva Senior
The Release Master manages the release of shared services, components and applications. With the support of the Integration Architect, the Product Owners, and the Deployment Automation team, you determines impacts of changing one service in an end-to-end integration flow, and facilitates a common release schedule when multiple services and system changes need to be synchronized
About the position
- Plan and ensure the availability of human and non-human resources during the required activities (installation, integration tests, validation, …) in integration, validation, pre-production and production staging areas.
- Receive / coordinate the delivery of all software releases from the Agile Development Teams and trigger the CI/CD toolchain to get the new release ready for testing
- Work with QA, Development, Test and Operations to ensure that development projects adhere to the release process and change procedure guidelines
- Execute, control and manage a schedule of planned releases to pre-production and production environments
- Liaise with all stakeholders (QA, Test, Architecture, Development, Operations, Data and Project Managers) to manage any issues, requests and conflicts
The Release Master/Manager liaise with:
- The Test Manager to trigger the promotion of a software release from one to the next
- Programme managers to provide an overview of the release process and communicate status
Technical Skill Set:
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the IT and 2 years experience in release management in an Agile context.
- Experience in DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes and tools.
- Able to define software components and to manage them in configuration using Artefactory and Jenkins
- Experience with modern tools and methodologies for source control, packaging and software release management.
- DevOps and Agile methodologies like SAFe Framework
Soft Skill Set:
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision,and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Pragmatic problem solving abilities dealing with complex systems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams
- Demonstrated experience with technologies and Agile development environments.
- Experience with modern tools and methodologies for doing source control, packaging and software release
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and good level in French.
- Interesting projects based on the newest technologies
- Opportunity for self-improvement and career growth
- Internal & external software development education and trainings (certifications) covered by ERNI
- International working environment (CH, DE, RO, PH) with colleagues from all over the world and occasional business trips
- Continuous skill development
About the recruiter
Brulhart Elodie (ERNI)
Email: [email protected]
ERNI was founded in 1994 in Switzerland to develop innovative software for international companies and small to mediumsized enterprises. Today, the ERNI Group has more than 800 employees at 15 locations in 7 countries and continues to grow. Interested?