Visual Basic DeveloperBarcelona/Sant Cugat Senior
At ERNI we are looking for an experienced Visual Basic Developer to join one of our international pharmaceutical customers to maintain and upgrade a Visual Basic 6 desktop application which simulates the functioning of different laboratory products.
If you are an experienced developer with Visual Basic and C# frameworks and want to start a new chapter in your professional career, being able to train over new technologies and apply this knowledge into the near future while working in an international environment, this might be a good opportunity.
About the position
- Develop and maintain a Visual Basic 6 desktop application.
- Migrate the application to C#.
- Build automation.
- Execute Unit Testing.
- Communicate with English-speaking stakeholders to handle any necessity related to the product.
- Experience developing desktop applications in Visual Basic 6.
- Be experienced developing with C# or Visual Basic .Net.
- Working with teams in an Agile environment.
- You are used to work with modern development tools and techniques such as build automation, unit testing, source code repositories, code reviews, among others.
- High knowledge of English, both oral and written (at least a high B2).
- You are proactive in the job and are able to handle different kind of stakeholders with good communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience migrating Visual Basic 6 applications to .Net (VB.Net or C#).
- You have automated builds for Visual Basic 6 applications.
- You have tested the UI for legacy applications.
- Permanent contract.
- Hybrid working model, between 4-6 days from office per month.
- Home Office monthly expenses compensation + extend working set up (ergonomic chair, 2 screens…).
- Self-managed flexible working hours 40h/week +/- 10%.
- Friday intensive shift.
- Private medical insurance for you and a competitive flat race price for your relatives.
- 100% salary coverage for sick leave.
- Free language courses: English, Spanish, German.
- Gym funding.
- Transportation bonus for non-Barcelona/Madrid city working locations.
- Re-allocation funding from 1.000€ to 2.000€ depending on the source country.
- Flexible payroll.
- Candidates referral program bonus from 1.000€ to 3.000€ depending on the candidate seniority level.
- Business opportunity referral program bonus from 500€ to 5.000€ depending on the opportunity size and customer.
- Learning Paths and Technical Coaches in our main Expertise Areas: DevOps, Agile, QA, Cloud, Al, Data, Software Development.
- Paid certifications in our Expertise Areas: DevOps, Agile, QA, Cloud, Al, Data, Software Development.
- Rewarded certifications from 200€ to 1.400€ per certification depending on the certification subject level, in addition to the paid exam.
- On-line and on-demand paid trainings in platforms such as Pluralsight or Udemy on our Expertise Areas.
- Events paid under request for topics related to our Learning Paths.
- Internal technical trainings done by our Subject Matter Experts.
- Internal Soft-Skills trainings with external trainers as main part of our learning curriculum.
About the recruiter
Núñez González Alberto (ERNI)
Email: [email protected]
ERNI was founded in 1994 in Switzerland to develop innovative software for international companies and small to mediumsized enterprises. Today, the ERNI Group has more than 800 employees at 15 locations in 7 countries and continues to grow. Interested?