by Ivana Mojžišová
And, all of the participants are interested in taking the exam and get their certificates which enable them to give consultancy to our customers in adopting the framework in their projects. We asked the trainers, Joffrey Zehnder, Senior Consultant and Christian Glück, Principal Consultant, why we put emphasis on this agile framework in particular. “Many of our customers are doing projects within SAFe and also are actively asking for delivery based on this. That is our main motivator for training our consultants”, both say. Yet, a recent study also proves that SAFe is on top in the ranking of the annual State of Agile Report. https://stateofagile.versionone.com/
The course was mainly dedicated to the mindset, basic pillars and principles of SAFe. The framework as such is a huge system, therefore the aim was to train the participants in understanding the principles and what is happening on the individual layers of the entity. An emphasis lies also on the strategic alignment, how can we support value streams, not only projects. An important part plays also the product development in a long-term, in the form of a roadmap. 70 per cent of the course presented theory and the rest of 30 per cent were dedicated to practical exercises.
A participant’s voice gives a nice summary:
“The course was a good introduction into SAFe without going into the very last details. I very much appreciated that we didn’t just go through the slides but also simulated a PI planning where loads of questions and issues came up which we then could discuss in the plenum. In my opinion, that’s one of the most valuable parts as this reflects reality best and prepares you for the difficulties that might arise when applying SAFe. As I work in a project according to SAFe, it was also interesting to see how SAFe should be done according to the books and compare this with an actual project. That’s when I started to challenge whether we do it the right way in the project but also where difficulties of SAFe might lie.”
– Adrian Widmer, Senior Consultant –
Courses for external participants are also already in planning. Another direction of development is also bringing these internal workshops to our Service Delivery Centers, especially in the area of project management and SAFe Scrum Masters.
Stay tuned for updates.